2 Senior Management Positions : 1 Head of Programs / 1 Head of Fundraising, Communication & Marketing
Suyana Foundation is a private non-profit, politically independent and denominationally neutral organization established in October 2003 in Switzerland which provides development assistance and support to reduce poverty and to empower rural communities sustainably. Presently, the main engagement focuses on Peru, Bolivia and Switzerland, as well as on some selected projects in other countries.
In Peru and Bolivia, we have developed and successfully implemented our own holistic program that promotes sustainable development of rural communities in extreme poverty.
In Switzerland we are involved in sustainable and future-oriented projects in the fields of education, agriculture, and medicine.
In addition to continuing our activities in the current areas we are now aimed at expanding and rolling the Suyana model into other geographical locations.
To support and participate in deploying of the Suyana Foundation, achieving our worldwide growth vision and reinforcing our developing team, we are looking to strengthen our upper management with 2 Senior Managers – 1 Head of Programs and 1 Head of Fundraising & Marketing - to lead the respective divisions in our headquarter in the center of Zug.
General roles and responsibilities
- Develop the strategies necessary to implement the Foundation policies, vision and goals set up by the Board
- Report to the Board
- Provide strategic leadership and direction to planning, development and management of the respective division
- Supervise teams of the respective functional area to ensure the effective delivery of strategic plans
- Manage overall financial budgeting, priority projects, strategy, day-to-day operations, processes, area of growth, staffing for the entire functional area
- Analyse current operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement when necessary
- Work across functions with peers in other groups to ensure collaboration for shared goals
- Prepare and present regular reports for executive management and the Board
- Communicates financial and goal results and key performance indicators to Teams within the respective functional area
- Work closely with human resources to lead teams with integrity and establish and maintain a trusting, inclusive, and productive environment
Specific roles and responsibilities
- Fundraising, Communication & Marketing
- Responsible for leading the fundraising, communication and marketing activities and Teams
- Develop, implement and monitor the fundraising communication and marketing strategy (including budget preparation and control) ensuring development of new income and communication streams i.e., researching, identifying and prioritising potential fundraising opportunities and sustainable income generation (Foundations, donors, philanthropies, corporate sector, legacy marketing etc.) as well as the planning and implementation of the objectives, which also includes social media and numerous platforms (email, website, blogs, social media, print, events, campaigns, online-shop)
- Responsible for the Foundation's corporate design, based on the re-branding already underway.
- Develop brand awareness, maintaining brand integrity across all Foundation initiatives and communications, internally as well as externally, including online reputation to enhance the public profile of the Foundation and increase the number of people supporting its work.
- Represent the Foundation vis-à-vis private and institutional donors and networks
- Ensure excellent donor care through efficient and timely processes, including meticulous use of our CRM database
- Programs: Education, Sustainable Economic Development, Health
- Responsible for leading the Teams and the Education, Sustainable Economic Development, Health programs and projects of the Foundation
- Responsible for aligning the Foundation’s activities in the respective fields across the different geographical areas while developing new activities
- Analyse, develop, implement and monitor strategies for the various areas (Education, Sustainable Economic Development, Health and/or the existing holistic program) and the possible countries in need worldwide where to implement (including budget preparation and control)
- Analyse and assess program performance and initiate action to strengthen results
- Negotiate with local and state officials to secure additional resources, enhancing program without exceeding budget.
- Turn strategic mandates into actionable program plans and keep programs in line with strategic plan and goals
Skills and Qualifications
- Sensible to Suyana values
- Swiss/EU passports or valid Swiss work permit
- BSc/BA in Business or relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus
- Min. 10 years’ work experience acquired within NGOs and/or Foundations in Switzerland and/or abroad in a senior manager role is a must; additional private sector experience is a plus
- Proven track record of leading programs/projects in the fields of education, sustainable economic development and health as well as expertise in fundraising, marketing and communications functions
- Experience in the fields of education, sustainable economic development, and health is a must
- Outstanding change management, leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands
- Problem-solving aptitude, strategic thinking, forward planning
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English, Spanish and/or German an advantage
What Suyana offers:
In this exciting transformation phase, we offer 2 senior manager positions with a high degree of personal responsibility and space for your own ideas. Excellent employment conditions, diverse training opportunities and an open atmosphere for discussion are essential elements of the corporate culture. We live the values of sustainability, empathy, and openness. You can expect a highly motivated, young team of specialists from various fields and a position with long-term development potential.
Apply now and become part of our social vision!
We look forward to receiving your application in English by email to: HR-Schweiz@suyana.ch