Administration and Project Assistant 20%
International Blue Cross (IBC), is a Christian value based, politically independent non-governmental organisation. The Blue Cross Movement started in 1877, in Switzerland. The International umbrella organisation was founded in 1886, currently comprising 38 national Blue Cross organisations in Africa, Asia, Europe and Latin America.
- The IBC network comprises expertise in tackling alcohol and other drug related health, social and development issues through advocacy, prevention, treatment and aftercare programmes. IBC promotes this approach through a joint global voice and enables exchange and learning between Blue Cross Organisations around the world.
- IBC implements international development and cooperation programmes in line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals. IBC has a consultative status at the UN ECOSOC.
- In order to deliver on its strategy, IBC receives support from its members and conducts fundraising activities. IBC is certified by Swiss ZEWO institute and applies principles of good governance. It is a member of the Swiss Development Cooperation Network.
As an Administration and Project Assistant you are based in Bern with responsibility to assist the multi-national secretariat team by dealing with the administrative tasks that need to be done at Bern office. These include:
Communication and Fundraising:
- Correspondence: Filing (box and bexio), maintaining address lists, mailings etc.
- Verbal communication: Answer telephone, make phone calls to prospect donors and communicate with partners and members as appropriate, skype and other on-line interaction
- Written communication: Assist the team at writing texts on newsletters, project reports, funding application, donor reports and other IBC publications.
- Support Fundraising Officer with churches, foundations and private fundraising
- Support Programme Officer at project reporting and communication
- Assist Finance Officer at financial record keeping
- Support Administrator in travel organization for international meetings
- Support secretarial work (translations, office mail, office materials etc.)
- Assist in donor reporting and sending out calls for donation.
- Occasionally represent IBC in meetings and meet with churches and other donors as appropriate.
- Support the secretariat team through the collaboration with institutional partners and other organisations to find new funding opportunities
- Occasional international travel (max. 3-5 travel days/year or as agreed)
- Carries out any other tasks as required for the smooth running of IBC
- Fluency in German with very good knowledge of English and some knowledge of French. Any other language as additional asset
- Very good knowledge of using Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, on-line communication.
- Excellent communication, social and networking skills
- Honest and trustworthy, precise and organized
- Commitment to work within Christian value based organisation
- Driven to working within an environment where we support capacity building of partners in order to assist vulnerable people and to work with the issue of alcohol and other drugs
- Team spirit, commitment, and flexibility.
- Capable of working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Must have a valid permit to work in Switzerland (no sponsorship needed)
We offer among other things:
- Interesting and varied activities in an international environment with many opportunities to be proactive
- A motivated and committed team
- Flexibility in work arrangements
Closing date for applications 25th July 2022, Interviews on Monday 9th August. We would like to do the induction to the position during 2 days in August if possible.
Please send your CV with a motivation letter and references to email@example.com
Our office is located at International Blue Cross, Lindenrain 5a, 3012 Bern, Switzerland