Coordinator P&L and UNICARE
Coordinator P&L and UNICARE
Grade C (100%)
UNI Global Union is seeking a Coordinator P&L and UNICARE to assist the Post and Logistics and the UNICARE sectors with:
growing unions, improving working conditions, achieving better regulations and building global labour relations with
the leading multinationals in the sectors.
- About UNI Global Union
UNI Global Union is the voice of 20 million service sector workers around the world. Through its affiliated trade unions, UNI represents workers in 150 countries and in every region of the world. Our Head Office is based in Nyon, Switzerland with nearly 50 staff.
UNI’s strategy is to build power for working people through strong unions and to change the rules of the game in the global labour market in order to ensure justice and equality for working people.
- About the job
UNI P&L (Post and Logistics) and UNICARE (private care and social insurance) are large, growing, exciting and dynamic sectors within UNI Global Union. Both sectors have developed a strategic action plan which unites and aligns efforts in all UNI regions for coordinated and integrated action.
As the new Coordinator within the UNICARE and the P&L Departments, you will have a key role in assisting with the implementation of this program. Some of these activities will include preparing documents and research for meetings, communicating with affiliates on important developments, support on campaigns and projects as well as providing strategic input.
As Coordinator P&L and UNICARE, your main tasks will be to:
- Produce research, analysis and advocacy materials, including corporate and country profiles to support the work of UNI Post & Logistics, UNICARE and its affiliates.
- Implement and oversee campaigns with affiliates in order to win key political and regulatory objectives in the sector;
- Implement global campaigns, together with affiliates, to win organising rights for workers in the key multinational and regional companies in the sector.
- Work with affiliates to strengthen and engage global union alliances in actions to increase union power and develop the role of the global union in MNCs in the sector.
- Assist with the development of effective relationships with employers and UNI affiliates.
- Develop, write and implement together with the Heads of Departments projects with Solidarity Organisations, international Organisations and UNIs SCORE Department.
- Liaise with the ITUC, GUF's, the ILO, employer’s organisations, multinational companies, the OECD, the UPU, WHO, other UN agencies and other organisations.
- Monitor and report on developments relevant to the sector, including activities of affiliates.
- Prepare material, presentations, and documents for meetings, conferences and forums.
- Work with the Heads of Department and the regional sector representatives to elevate, coordinate and achieve global objectives and implementing the strategic action plans in each of the four regions.
The Coordinator will report to the Head of UNI P&L and the Head of UNICARE and work with UNI Head Office and Regional staff as required.
The terms and conditions of employment are according to the collective agreement existing between UNI, its employees in Nyon and their trade union.
- The Successful Candidate
- A strong personal commitment to the goals of UNI Global Union and the trade union movement.
- Strong writing, public speaking and communication skills.
- Fluency in English and a second official UNI Global Language (German, French, Spanish, Swedish), spoken and written, is essential. Knowledge of any other languages is an advantage.
- Prior experience working on campaigns and/or projects.
- A deep understanding of contemporary labour problems, the challenges facing unions and the role comprehensive and strategic campaigns play in supporting union objectives in organising, negotiations and policy matters.
- The ability to engage in responsible financial oversight of activities and projects respecting budgetary limitations.
A candidate with trade union experience at a local, national or international level will be preferred. Research experience relating to trade unions or international workers’ rights would be an advantage.
In addition, the successful candidate:
- Can work well with affiliates and with the Head Office and Regional staff with differing experiences, industrial relations systems and trade union cultures.
- Adapts to irregular and unusual hours and strenuous travel commitments.
- Demonstrates effective time management skills, including prioritising and managing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Has experience in developing personal work plans and goals.
- Has the ability to plan strategically and administratively.
- How to apply
Applications to the position must be sent to Damaris Baeuchle, Human Resources Manager, at email@example.com no later than October 3rd, 2019 and include:
- An application form (available from www.uniglobalunion.org/about-us/jobs)
- Relevant work certificates and diplomas
First round interviews will take place online between the 7th and 18th of October 2019. Second interviews will take place in Nyon, between the end of October and the beginning of November 2019.
- Data management
In order for us to comply with new data protection laws, UNI Global Union does not retain unsuccessful candidate applications. If you would like to know about future employment opportunities, please visit our employment website where all our vacancies are posted http://www.uniglobalunion.org/about-us/jobs