BASE Open Position: Digital Communications Intern
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Duration : 6 months, with a strong possibility of extension
Start date: As soon as possible
Deadline for applications: Sunday, 7 March
A Swiss work permit or EU citizenship is a requirement.
The Basel Agency for Sustainable Energy (BASE) is a Swiss not-for-profit foundation and a Specialized Partner of United Nations Environment. BASE was established in 2001 with the objective of mobilizing investment and finance into sustainable energy and climate change solutions. BASE is one of the few organization fully dedicated to develop innovative business models, smart financing and out-of-the box approaches to drive investments in renewable energy, energy efficiency and green solutions.
We are seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Digital Communications Intern to join the BASE team.
The candidate will support BASE to improve communications efforts, by developing communications assets, and proposing new communication methods to reach a broader audience. The candidate will also be involved in supporting the communication of BASE's projects in energy and climate finance in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Europe.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Proposing and developing new ideas to improve BASE communications.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including articles, publications, press releases, annual reports, and other marketing material.
- Create and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
- Manage BASE's social media accounts (LinkedIn and Twitter) and the corporate website.
- Follow-up and improvement of SEO.
- Assist in planning, writing and managing e-blasts and e-newsletters.
- Support the organisation of events and webinars.
- Supporting the communication of BASE’s project in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Europe by working collaboratively with the team.
- A post-graduate university degree in a relevant field (Communications, Journalism, PR, Digital Marketing or related field).
- Understanding and enthusiasm for climate change, sustainable energy or environmental issues essential.
- Excellent writing skills, and proven excellence in written communication, including the capacity to communicate technical issues in simple terms.
- Working knowledge of InDesign, Publisher, and other visual communication tools a strong advantage.
- Full working proficiency in English is essential (native level preferred). Fluency in German, Spanish or French is a strong advantage. Fluency in other languages is also an advantage.
- A high degree of self-motivation, positive attitude, drive and the ability to contribute to a multi-cultural, team-based work environment.
- Enthusiasm for, and commitment to development and climate change work.
- Strong networking capacity, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask, work flexibly, creatively and under pressure in response to client needs or changing demands.
- Extremely well organized.
- Highest ethical standards.
Application and Selection Process
Applications to be submitted electronically to: email@example.com prior to the deadline.
Please include the following documents in word or PDF format (applications should be a maximum of four pages):
- Motivation letter briefly outlining your qualifications and experience as it relates to the position.
- CV outlining Swiss / EU work permit status and name and contact details of 3 references who may be contacted by BASE.