The Swiss Alliance against Neglected Tropical Diseases (SANTD) is a multi-stakeholder network of Switzerland-based organizations united by the vison of a world free of Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs). NTDs affect more than one billion people every year, causing disabilities and six million deaths in structurally weak countries.
SANTD is committed to creating a stronger, more visible and better-resourced Swiss response to the global challenge of these diseases. SANTD’s broad membership base includes NGOs, educational and research institutes and pharmaceutical companies. SANTD is funded by its members.
To coordinate SANTD’s various activities and run its secretariat, we are looking for an:
Executive Secretary, 40%
Place of work: Bern (Home Office possible), infrequent travel within Switzerland and Europe might be required. SANTD is hosted by the NPO FAIRMED and supported by FAIRMED’s office, HR and accounting infrastructure.
Tasks: the main function of the Executive Secretary is to coordinate the advocacy activities of SANTD, to further develop the network in close collaboration with its board and members and to monitor the impact of the networks’ activities. Further tasks include:
- Networking (national and international), campaigning and coordination of events
- Organisational management (including finances)
- Regular communication with board and members
Qualifications: we are looking for a passionate communicator and networker with interested in the field of NTDs and diseases of poverty in general.
- Background in advocacy, public relations, communication or journalism in the Swiss context; a background in global health would be an asset
- Extended knowledge of and interest in the political system of Switzerland and its agenda and mechanics
- Basic knowledge of organizational management and development
- Experience in campaigning and offline/online communication
- Excellent command of German and English (verbal and written), passive knowledge of French; active knowledge of French and Italian would be an asset
Further information: René Stäheli, president SANTD, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be sent by mail as PDF files to Naima Fernandez, FAIRMED, email@example.com, by October 31st 2020.