Executive Secretary Swiss Malaria Group
The Swiss Malaria Group SMG is a multi-stakeholder network of Switzerland-based organizations actively involved in the fight against malaria. Its vivid membership base includes academic members such as the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute Swiss TPH, the public sector represented through the Swiss Agency for Development and Co-operation (SDC), non-governmental organisations, Swiss based international organisations as well as pharmaceutical and agro-chemical companies. The Swiss Malaria Group is co-funded by its members.
To run the secretariat of the SMG and to take care of its wide range of activities we are looking for an:
Executive Secretary, 40%
Place of work: Basel (flexible)
- Strategic planning and further development of SMG together with the SMG members
- Organisational management (including finances and personnel management)
- Advocacy work, public relations and networking
- Leading projects and organizing events
- Knowledge management
Qualifications: We are looking for a communicative, creative person with the following qualifications:
- Proven experiences in advocacy work and/or public relations in the Swiss context
- Experiences in organisational management and knowledge management
- Proven ability to coordinate and organize meetings and events
- Background knowledge in infectious diseases, global health, and willingness to learn new technical aspects of malaria and its control.
- Excellent written and oral English and German, with French being an asset
Further information: Martin Leschhorn, director Medicus Mundi Switzerland, 061 383 18 14.
Applications should be sent by mail to Martin Leschhorn Strebel, director Medicus Mundi Switzerland, email@example.com, by 4th September 2020.