What you will be doing
- Lead the design, development, dissemination, and training of the financial planning, monitoring and administration processes of the SRC delegation in Ukraine, including the provision of support to the setup of new SRC field offices/sub-delegations and operational expansion
- Monitor project and program budgets and ensure accurate accounting, authorization, documentation and internal controls and address significant variances together with SRC sub-delegations and partners
- Monitor relevant regulatory changes in the country and advise on risks which may have operational and/or financial consequences
- Provide financial forecasts and monitor financial funding flows from SRC accounts to partner accounts
- Monitor petty cash and ensure that balances are reconciled with the accounting at least on a monthly basis
- Compile accurate monthly and annual financial reports in coordination with partner organizations
- Lead the month-end financial closing process and year-end financial closing process for the country program, ensuring timeliness and accurate closing of accounts in compliance with SRC procedures
- Ensure effective record keeping of all financial, administrative and assets inventory
- Oversee and support financial reviews as well as internal and external audits
- Support the finance-administrative and HR-related preparation of new projects or project modifications
- Coach and empower concerned SRC team members and URCS counterparts (staff and volunteers) on financial-administrative and HR procedures
- Support URCS in developing and implementing finance, administration and HR-related capacity development plans
- Encourage and promote a culture of continuous learning and sharing of best practices among the team.
- University degree in business administration, accounting, management or a related discipline with at least 7 years of relevant professional experience
- At least 5 years of experience in managing financial-administrative and HR matters in complex projects, teams and partnerships, preferably in an international humanitarian context
- Orientation towards solutions and results, along with excellent strategic, analytical and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills and excellent ability to work in a team
- Proficiency in written and spoken English; knowledge of Ukrainian/Russian language is an asset
- Previous work experience in the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement is an advantage
What you can expect
12 months contract with the option of extension, starting on 1 November 2022 or as per mutual agreement.
Competitive salary, social insurances, R&R, travel expenses and contribution to accommodation provided.