SolidarMed is the Swiss organisation for health in Africa and improves health care for 1.5 million people in Lesotho, Moçambique, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe. SolidarMed sustainably strengthens and meaningfully expands existing health services.
We offer an exciting position for a public health professional, based in Lucerne/Switzerland:
Head of International Health Programs (80 - 100%)
- Ensure sound public health, research and project cycle management standards in SolidarMed interventions
- Safeguard implementation of country programs
- Overall in-charge for the department, including team leading, planning, management, finance and human resources
- Foster relations with investors and enable further growth through acquisition. This also includes compilation and review of applications and reports.
- Representation and networking with various stakeholders
- As member of the SolidarMed directorate, contribute to strategic and institutional development, and to relations with the board
To best fit into our team, you have the following qualifications:
- Academic education in public health, medicine, epidemiology or related field. Further business or management training would be an asset.
- 3 years’ experience of health program implementation in resource-poor settings, preferably Africa.
- 2 years’ experience of team leadership (at least medium-sized teams)
- Entrepreneurial thinking and successful acquisition of funding/mandates/grants in the past
- As a flexible team player, you are a strong motivator with excellent leadership and communication skills
- A network of contacts in development cooperation in Switzerland or Europe is an asset
- Fluency in German and English, written and spoken. Working knowledge of French. Knowledge of Portuguese or Spanish is an advantage.
- Experience in implementation research is an asset
- Swiss or EU National; work permit Switzerland
This vacancy offers an exciting opportunity for an experienced public health professional from the development cooperation, NPO, academic or private sector.
We offer a pleasant working environment, modern working conditions, a benefit package commensurate with Swiss standards, good social benefits, a wide range of training opportunities and the opportunity for national and international networking.
If you are attracted by a versatile and exciting job with the possibility to use your competence in a multicultural environment for a meaningful goal, then you should apply.
As a valued employer for competent and committed employees, SolidarMed offers a high level of self-responsibility within a result-oriented culture.
Our professional and motivated team is waiting for you!
- Send your CV, a short cover letter and copies of your qualifications to email@example.com with “Head of International Health Program Department” as reference in the subject line of your email.
- Please note that SolidarMed only accepts electronic applications and will only contact shortlisted candidates.
- Starting date: As soon as possible, flexible
For further details, please contact Jochen Ehmer at SolidarMed at +41 - 41 310 66 60
We look forward to receiving your application!