Enhancing Youth Employment (EYE) is a project of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC). It aims to increase the employment opportunities of young women and men through better access to market-oriented vocational education and training offers, improved labour market intermediation and information services as well as enhancing business services that lead to private sector investment in selected sectors for job creation. The focus is on skills development and stimulating a knowledge-based economy through multi-stakeholder partnerships. The project applies a market systems development (MSD) approach and therefore aims at systemic changes that are sustainable and socially inclusive. The Project is implemented by Helvetas in a consortium with Management Development Associates MDA, a Kosovo-based consultancy firm.
Together with the national Project Manager (whose focus is on operational implementation) your main responsibility is to lead the overall management of the project through high quality project implementation, including administrative and financial supervision and coordination with partners and stakeholders. This includes managing the closure of the current second phase and leading the design and implementation of a third four-year phase (starting January 2021); the third phase remains subject to approval by SDC after submission of the project document in April 2020.
You will provide high quality strategic steering and technical support and coordination, particularly in the application of the MSD approach through trainings/workshops and continuous informal coaching and advice. As a Project Director, you will also ensure the maintenance of a good monitoring and results measurement (MRM) system, as well as knowledge management for steering, accountability and learning.
It is expected that your work will contribute to wider learning and exchange within the organisation as well as the international development community for which knowledge sharing through communication and sharing is crucial. Your tasks in administrative and financial supervision will ensure that the project complies with organisational administrative requirements and procedures.
- University degree: Masters or Ph.D. in economics, educational science, development studies or similar social sciences
- At least seven years of experience in development cooperation, particularly in economy, labour market economics and/or skills development
- Very good experience in project management, strong leadership skills including the ability to capitalise on results achieved and document them adequately
- Good understanding of the MSD approach as demonstrated by experience in its application in project management
- A strong ability to learn quick, to think analytically, strategically and come up with innovative solutions
- Experience in training/presentation, coaching/consulting and research/analysis
- Experience in monitoring and results measurement (MRM) along the the DCED standard for results measurement
- Excellent skills in reporting/writing, communication and intercultural competencies
- Ideally some regional context knowledge and experience working in Balkan countries
WE OFFER YOU
Attractive working conditions in small and dynamic teams.
We look forward to receiving your complete application including motivation letter, CV, work certificates and diplomas by August 31, 2019. Please send your electronic application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our website www.helvetas.org or read about our thoughts on different topics in our quarterly Mosaic publication for Eastern Europe.