International Team Leader (f/m) 75-100% (Macedonia)
IP Consult is a dynamic, international consulting company based in Stuttgart, Germany that supports change for sustainable development. One of the mayor fields of activities is promoting vocational education systems and employment promotion. With over 35 years’ experience in development cooperation, IP Consult works in a wide range of sectors throughout South East Europe. As part of the NIRAS Group, we belong to one of the largest European consultancy companies in our field.
As per May 2017, we are looking for a result-oriented and innovative
International Team Leader (f/m) 75-100%
based in Skopje, Macedonia
The recruitment is subject to successful acquisition.
The Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) has tendered the Vocational Skills Development (VSD) programme in Macedonia. Macedonia has one of the highest unemployment rates in Europe (25%), especially among youth (48%). Therefore, fighting unemployment is one of the highest national priorities. One of the key factors for youth unemployment is that the education and training system does not provide skills needed by the economy. The overall goal of the programme is to get more young women and men obtaining gainful employment due to increased employability, as a result of the improved VSD system. The programme will have three outcomes focusing on i) market-oriented non-formal vocational training, ii) market-oriented formal vocational training, iii) improved vocational skills development related policies and regulations at the national level. The Entry phase will start in May 2017 and, subject to approval, will be succeeded by the main phase of four years starting in March 2018.
Entry phase: In close cooperation with the IP Consult HQ and local subcontracting partner you set-up the project intervention logic (e.g. collecting information, test and select local partners, developing logical framework, writing the project document).
Main phase: You lead the overall management of the programme through high quality project implementation, including administrative and financial supervision and coordination with partners and stakeholders. You provide the strategic navigation, technical support and coordination through trainings/workshops and continuous informal coaching and advice. You also ensure the development and strengthening of the monitoring and results measurement system as well as the knowledge management for steering, accountability and learning. The administrative and financial supervision complies with the organisational requirements and procedures, including time registration, reporting and controlling needs, preparation of financial statements with partners and other relevant requirements for a successful project implementation. Besides, you actively ensure the cooperation and coordination with other projects supported by Switzerland within the Employment and Economic Development domain particular within the Balkans and the current SDC mandate of IP Consult in Serbia, as well as other projects funded by other donors in the area of vocational skills development.
- Academic degree (Master or equivalent) in education, pedagogy, economics, development studies or related social science
- At least five-eight years of experience in development cooperation, particularly in the area of vocational skills development and/or private sector development
- Experiences in managing and coordination complex vocational skills development and/or job creation programmes
- Extensive experience in establishing public-private development partnerships
- Profound experience in formal and non-formal vocational skills development, specifically dual VET and the involvement of private sector in VET
- Track record in project cycle management, team leadership and enabling programmes to play a strong facilitative role
- Sensitivity for gender & social equity principles
- Professional experience in transition countries, preferably in Southeast Europe
- Excellent skills in reporting/writing, communication and intercultural competencies
- Excellent ability to write technical documents in English, knowledge of German/Russian or an Eastern European language is an asset
WE OFFER YOU
Attractive working conditions in small and dynamic teams.
We look forward to receiving your complete application in English including motivation letter, CV, work certificates and diplomas by January 15, 2017. Please send your electronic application to firstname.lastname@example.org For further information and direct contact, please call Mr. Oliver Streit phone +381 64 6480737.