Internship Events Management (80%)
Do you want to have the unique opportunity to work in a non-profit organisation with a focus on sustainability? And are you passionate about events and networking?
During this exciting internship, you will be part of the biggest local network of sustainability professionals. You will learn how to build communities around important sustainability topics and how to develop and execute innovative event formats. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to grow your professional network in the field of business and sustainability.
GreenBuzz is a network with a business focus that engages its community and partners on sustainability topics in order to achieve the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs). GreenBuzz was founded in Zurich and is growing, with current additional chapters in Bern, Geneva, Amsterdam and Berlin.
GreenBuzz Zurich offers virtual and physical events and workshops with a focus on networking and knowledge sharing on a wide range of current sustainability topics; through its activities, GreenBuzz promotes action by and collaborations between citizens, NGOs and both private and public sector organisations. GreenBuzz Zurich has a network of 3500+ sustainability enthusiasts working in different sectors and is run by a small operational team.
The Role: Event Management (80%)
You will support GreenBuzz mainly with event management. You will report directly to our Managing Director but work closely with our Event Manager. Tasks will include:
- Supporting our events manager in the planning of GreenBuzz events (physical & virtual);
- Getting quotes from & secure venues & caterings;
- Coordinating with our topic leads volunteers;
- Briefing speakers & moderators;
- Managing logistics at the events;
- Managing administrative tasks;
- Preparing & sending follow-up emails.
Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to take ownership of your own project, e.g. plan your own event or workshop (to be confirmed within the first weeks of the internship).
You want to join the GreenBuzz team because:
- You are ideally in between your bachelor’s and master’s degree, or in a similar situation, and are highly motivated to gain working experience in the field of sustainability;
- you have a personal interest in sustainability;
- you are interested in getting experience in a small organisation that creates real impact;
- you are a good communicator;
- you can adjust easily to the frequently changing needs of small organisations;
- you want to take responsibility for your role and be a part of solving current challenges at GreenBuzz;
- you have good organizational skills and have a detail-oriented way of working;
- you are curious and are eager to learn new skills;
- you want to grow your network amongst sustainability professionals in Zurich.
Language requirements: You are a native(-like) German speaker, and are fluent in written and spoken English.
Further Important Details
Internship Duration: 6 months
Start Date: June 1st 2021
Working hours: 80% (8 hours per working day)
Salary: CHF 1000.- per month (FTE 1.0)
Tools used: Google Applications (incl. Gmail, Google Docs, Calendar), Zoom, Wordpress, Mailchimp, Eventbrite, Trello
Location: Remote & WWF Switzerland Offices, Hohlstrasse, Zurich
Application Deadline: May 2nd
If you meet the requirements and want to take advantage of this amazing opportunity to get access to a highly qualified, diverse and fun network - Please, send your application to our Managing Director, Lena Stüdeli, at email@example.com (in English or German).