Junior Programme Officer (30%)
International Blue Cross (IBC)
IBC looks for a committed and innovative professional who wants to work within the development cooperation field for a Christian value-based organisation fixed term 01.02.2021 - 31.12.2022, renewable subject to funding.
Junior Programme Officer (30%) – Bern
International Blue Cross (IBC) is a politically and denominational independent non-governmental umbrella organisation that brings together 40 national Christian value-based organisations in Africa, Asia, Europe and Latin America. IBC and its members work with some of the most excluded and vulnerable people in the world. IBC is a specialist in tackling alcohol and drug related social and development issues through prevention, treatment and aftercare programmes.
In addition to implementing international development and cooperation programmes, IBC is involved in alcohol policy advocacy and has a consultative status at the UN ECOSOC. The international team coordinates projects and advises our national partner organisations worldwide. IBC is Zewo certified and member of the Swiss NGO co-operation network (KoGe) and Interaction.
As a Junior Programme Officer, you are based in Bern and work in collaboration with the IBC Programme Officer:
- Facilitate day-to-day programme management for international development and cooperation programmes (focus on prevention interventions for youth through life skills & peer education in Chad, Congo Republic, Togo and Tanzania) as well as support for overseeing project finances;
- Maintain structures and instruments for planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of progress within the PCM framework;
- Submit timely and high-quality programme reports and programme proposals;
- Coach local programme coordinators and teams to develop capacities of implementation partners (online coaching);
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with programme activities and take appropriate action to control the risks;
- Implement gender mainstreaming approach within the IBC development programmes;
- Participate in inter-agency forums and thematic working groups with partner NGO’s and institutional donors as agreed with Programme Officer;
- Maintain effective working relationships with institutional donors (Swiss and international) and ensure that reporting requirements for development and cooperation programmes are met;
- Support the Fundraising and Communication team by providing programme insights, prospect donor contacts and concepts for funding applications;
- Carry out any other tasks as required for the smooth running of IBC.
- University degree in a relevant field
- Volunteering or working experience in development cooperation, preferably field experience with grassroots organisations (Africa)
- Excellent know-how in result-based management and PCM
- Good skills in coaching project partners and aggregating data
- Fluent in French and English; German an advantage
- Good communication, social and networking skills
- Commitment to work within a Christian value-based organisation
- Driven to support capacity building of partners in order to assist vulnerable people and to work with the issue of alcohol and other drugs
- Team spirit, commitment, and flexibility
- Independent, proactive and solution-oriented
- Capable of working in a multi-cultural environment. Honest and trustworthy, precise and organized
- Must have a valid permit to work in Switzerland (no sponsorship needed)
We offer among other things:
- Interesting and varied activities in an international environment with many opportunities to be proactive
- A motivated and committed team
- Flexibility in work arrangements, working days will be mutually agreed upon appointment
If you are interested in driving our international development work to strengthen vulnerable youth, we are looking forward to receiving your complete electronic application with CV and motivation letter in English and with academic & work certificates in English, French or German by 14th of December 2020 at email@example.com, with subject “Junior Programme Officer”.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to take a written online assessment on 17th or 18th of December. Finally shortlisted candidates will be invited to an online interview on 21st or 22nd of December in the afternoon.
For further information please contact Programme Officer Flavia Ganarin: firstname.lastname@example.org