Mitarbeiterin Kommunikation und Administration, 40%, Basel
Manager Communication and Administration Swiss Malaria Group, 40%, Basel
We are looking for a communication professional with a flair for administration to support our small secretariats' management functions and strengthen our visibility in Switzerland.
- Job type: Manager Communication and Administration 40%
- Start: Upon agreement (August-September 19)
- Location: Basel, Medicus Mundi Switzerland Office
About the Swiss Malaria Group
The Swiss Malaria Group (SMG) is a Swiss leadership network of public, private, research and civil society organizations for a malaria free world.
Switzerland is a pioneer in the fight against malaria. The Swiss Federal Office for Development Cooperation (SDC) initiated the group in 2007 together with the Swiss TPH, Novartis, the Swiss Red Cross and others. Now the Swiss Malaria Groups' secretariat coordinates the activities of the Swiss Malaria Group and its 15 members. The Secretariat is hosted by the network Medicus Mundi Switzerland in Basel.
SMG’s mission is to engage Swiss leaders to:
- Provide leadership against malaria
- Strengthen research and innovation
- Fight malaria on the ground
Further information: www.swissmalariagroup.ch
- Increase the Swiss Malaria Groups' visibility and make our voice heard in Switzerland and the parliament combining innovative approaches with solid media and advocacy work
- Take the lead in organising media outreach; arrange media contacts, press briefings and interviews; coordinate media inquiries
- Manage content of website and social media
- Support project/event management and strengthen the outreach and involvement of the public in our projects and events (World Malaria Day, technical exchange)
- Give general administrative support to the secretariat (member communication and administration)
- Demonstrable experience and achievements in communication and media work in Switzerland
- A strong interest in global health, malaria and Swiss politics
- Brilliant communication skills, good collaboration and organisational skills with external partners (NGOs/ public and private sector)
- A flair for administrative tasks paying great attention to detail
- Solid skills in new media and solid computer user skills
- Fluent in French, German and English (spoken and written)
- Flexibility to increase pensum within the annual working time around major events (World Malaria Day)
- Master level in relevant field (communications, marketing, politics or similar), further education in media work, digital marketing or campaigning is a plus
What we can offer:
- Meaningful work in a vivid multi-stakeholder network and broad insights into associated networks and organisations
- Workspace hosted by the network Medicus Mundi Switzerland in Basel in a co-working office
- NPO salary, possibilities for continuing education
- The job is temporarily limited until End of May 2020 and is planned to become a long-term function as part of the new contract phase with a major donor
Please send your application to Carole Küng, Executive Secretary of the Swiss Malaria Group email@example.com until Monday June 17th 2019. For further requests, please contact the above e-mail address.