Fixed term full time (100%) appointment, 3 years with the option to extend the contract beyond the 3 years.
Place of Assignment
Malinyi, Morogoro region, Tanzania
Start of Contract
March 2023 or as soon as possible
Primary Health Care Project “PHC”
The Project Manager assumes a pivotal role in providing technical leadership and oversight for the implementation of the new ‘Primary Health Care Project’ in Tanzania. This project will support the local health authorities to provide health care in a culturally appropriate way to the hard-to-reach population in Malinyi district through mobile clinic and outreach activities, combined with interventions to strengthen facility-based quality of care to ensure a continuum of care is established.
The Project Manager will work closely with the communities, health facility teams as well as with the Council and Regional Health Management teams to ensure successful project implementation.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Support local health authorities and manage the implementation of the project including the launch and activity planning of the Mobile Health Clinic
- Coordinate with stakeholders such as the Council Health Management Team and the Ministry of Health for project monitoring, data collection, data analysis, and dissemination of progress reports
- Ensure proper monitoring of activities, data collection and analysis. Participate in publication opportunities and dissemination of results
- Develop periodic work plans and reports according to agreed milestones and donor requirements
- Supervise and support the SolidarMed team in Malinyi (currently 4 people)
- Ensure proper management of project resources (human, financial, material resources)
- Identify and share lessons learned, proactively network with other actors and NGOs
To best fit into our active, interdisciplinary team, we are looking for a highly motivated individual with the following qualifications:
- Public Health expert or Medical Doctor with at least 5 years of project management experience, including staff and financial management
- Public health work experience in rural settings
- Strong organizational, communication and negotiation skills to facilitate policy dialogue with government bodies
- Solid computer skills, ideally also data analysis
- Team-player with good inter-personal skills
- Creative, open-minded, flexible, strategic thinker
- Interest in knowledge sharing, implementation research and scientific exchange (experience in research would be an asset)
- Willingness to travel in the district and to other parts of the country for representation and networking
- The opportunity to have a significant impact to improve lives of a very vulnerable population
- The possibility to contribute with clinical expertise
- A stimulating environment, linked to an international research organization and other NGOs
- Being part of a highly motivated team
- An attractive benefit package
- Family posting (local primary school available) in a rural and safe setting
How to apply
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org citing reference “Primary Health Care project manager, Malinyi, Tanzania 2023” and include
- your CV including 3 references (max. 2 pages)
- a covering letter outlining your motivation and how you meet the requirements
Applications are accepted in electronic format only. Please also mention how you heard about the job posting (if internet, please mention which site).
Due to the high volume of applications, SolidarMed will only contact shortlisted candidates. We kindly ask you not to send in duplicate or hard copies of your CV.
Deadline for applications
20th February 2023