The Swiss health development organisation FAIRMED contributes to improved health for the poorest. Through its Country Offices in Africa and Asia FAIRMED focuses on neglected populations, neglected health systems, and neglected tropical diseases through ensuring that the determinants that contribute to health care are addressed.
To strengthen the Programme Unit in the FAIRMED Headquarter, we are looking for a
Programme Officer (100% M/F).
The position is based at the Head Office in Bern with approximately 8 weeks project visits per year in Africa and Asia. Starting date is February 2019.
Oversee FAIRMED’s programme portfolio in 2 countries, and provide the organisation with technical resources, knowledge and skills on relevant public health and project management issues to optimise FAIRMED’s interventions in the field. Provide guidance to Institutional Fundraising initiatives of the central and all FAIRMED country teams.
To manage, supervise, monitor FAIRMED’s programme portfolio in 2 countries:
- Oversee and take part in project development processes to ensure content quality and integration of FAIRMED’s Project Cycle Management tools and principles;
- Support country staff through the Country Coordinator in project implementation, both on activity set up and budget consolidation, to ensure project quality and alignment with FAIRMED’s programmatic strategy;
- Coordinate project monitoring, evaluation processes and donor reporting in accordance with FAIRMED’s PCM tools and principles, and adapt and finalise reports according to specific donor requirements;
- Support Country leadership in the development of annual budgets and validate budgetary projections;
- Line manage country coordinators; including annual appraisal and performance review and identification of capacity building opportunities.
To act as focal point for the organisation in specific domains relevant to FAIRMED portfolio:
- Act as a technical resource for FAIRMED’s HQ and countries.
To contribute to the organisation’s management processes and to increase its visibility:
- Identify best practices in projects and develop material (reports, brochures, etc.) for dissemination and profiling of FAIRMED’s work in Swiss and international networks;
- Liaise with Communications and Public Fundraising Team to provide updated and accurate information on project activities for dissemination and fund raising purposes;
- Coordinate and/or lead proposal writing processes, and/or write proposals for specific donors.
As a member of the Programme Team contribute to FAIRMED’s programmatic, management and strategic meetings and decision making processes (annual planning, reporting etc).
- Professional expertise, knowledge and experience in Program and Project Cycle Management in the context of international health is essential (5 or more years work experience);
- Management or coordination position in international teams and/or experience in Africa/Asia;
- Grants making & management experience and familiarity with USG (USAID/OFDA, BPRM), European (Eu-AID, DFID, ECHO, SIDA, GiZ, KfW), and/or UN (UNHCR, UNFPA, UNICEF) donor regulations, procedures and requirements is essential.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, International Development or in any relevant field.
- Fluent in French and English, German is desired.
- Team player, good communicator, excellent writing and presentation skills, problem solver, resourceful, patient.
We offer an interesting and challenging job in a small and inspired team. FAIRMED provides fair working conditions and the opportunity to make a contribution for improved health in poor settings in Africa and Asia.
Please send your application electronically to email@example.com by 20th January 2019.