PSP Assistant (Individual Contractor) - Private Sector Partnerships Section (PSP)
UNHCR PSP Switzerland UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is offering a contract with the Private Sector Partnerships Services in Switzerland.
The position will be within UNHCR’s Private-Sector Partnership’s service, which sits within the Department of External Relations (DER) and serves departments both within DER and the wider organization.
The scope of this role is to initiate, develop and coordinate all the activities (legal, admin, advisory, governance) related to the registration of a National Partner in Switzerland and its setup. The need for this role comes as a result of the assessment made for UNHCR to enter the Switzerland market and the need for tax deductibility that has been assessed since early 2017.
Under the direct supervision of the PSP Officer (Switzerland), the incumbent will be responsible for assisting and coordinating the activities related to the registration of a charitable entity/National Association Partner and establishing the framework agreement between the said entity and UNHCR. Furthermore the incumbent will engage in fundraising and donor care services in support of the PSP Officer in Switzerland.
Title: PSP Assistant
Duty Station: Bern (working from home)
Duration: nine months
Contract Type: Individual Contractor
Contract start date: ASAP
Advertisement start date: 6 March 2019
Advertisement closing date: 17 March 2019
The Private Sector Partnerships team in Switzerland, is working to engage private sector partners, build and enhance relationships that lead to long term support for refugees. The team engages corporations, private foundations and philanthropic individuals and will also engage with the public at large.
This role contributes to the team’s ambitious goals to develop fundraising activities and to register the charitable entity/National Association Partner, which will be fundraising on behalf of UNHCR.
We are seeking a dynamic and proactive team player, with a strong interest in non-profit brand and refugees issues and in assisting in the coordination and implementation of the project plan related to the migration of fundraising activities from the existing structure to a National Partnership (NAP). Furthermore the deisred colleague should be capable and enthusiastic to fulfil the below mentioned tasks.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the PSP Officer in Switzerland, the incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
• Coordinate and assist in the management of the registration of the charitable entity for UNHCR in Bern, Switzerland to establish a National Association Partner (NAP);
• Develop project plan (template available) for the phased establishment of a NAP including location assessment, office space and office setup, trustees board profiles, governance and legal structure, oversee RA and annexes where relevant, engage, in agreement with the supervisor, directly or indirectly with relevant units within UNHCR;
• Develop any other procedures for NAP on the reporting as required by local law, including auditing and account reports;
• Coordinate in securing the sign-off on a Framework Agreement between UNHCR and the Switzerland based NAP;
• Assist in developing a project implementation plan that defines how the existing PSP activities can be migrate/implemented under the NAP including, (but not limited to, donor data migration, staff employment and handbook, financial management and procurement, 3 website and donation platforms and ICT infrastructure) and flag timely any additional internal/external capacities required;
• Act as the secretariat with the founding board members of the NAP;
• Assist the PSP Officer (Switzerland) and relevant stakeholders in implementing the PSP plan for 2019 for Switzerland;
• Provide general administrative support when required.
Essential minimum qualifications and professional experience required
The ideal candidate will:
• Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience (2-3 years with advance training or certificate) in Business Administration, Marketing, economics, program management;
• Fluency in English and German languages (written/oral/comprehension), French highly desirable;
• Solid experience of more complex project management or fundraising planning;
• Excellent project management skills including planning, stakeholder consultation, schedule creation and task tracking;
• Excellent written communication and able to draft official documents of record;
• Highly organized and autonomous, able to multi-task and prioritize workload in a fast moving environment;
• Demonstrable skills in communicating and collaborating effectively when working remotely.
• A flexible and outgoing team player with service oriented attitudes.
• Knowledge of UNHCR programs and activities would be an asset.
The location for the assignment is Bern. However the successful candidate will be home based, working closely with the PSP team in UNHCR Geneva office.
The contract is for nine months and the incumbent is to be recruited as soon as it is possible. It is a full-time role with working hours starting from 9 am to 6 pm Monday to Friday (40 hours per week). The Contractor shall be able to submit an Invoice as private person (not company) and will be subject of the local taxation rules.
Interested applicants should submit their letter of motivation, a dully completed and signed Personal History Form (PHF) and CV to email@example.com indicating’ PSP Assistant (NAP Switzerland)’ in the subject of the email.
Personal History Forms are available at PHF Form / Supplementary Sheet.
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.