Kampahire supports NPOs in recruiting for demanding positions.
EIT Climate-KIC is a Knowledge and Innovation Community (KIC), working to accelerate the transition to a zero-carbon economy.
Supported by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), we identify and support innovation that helps society mitigate and adapt to climate change. We believe that a decarbonised, sustainable economy is not only necessary to prevent catastrophic climate change, but presents a wealth of opportunities for business and society.
Purpose of the Role
As Senior Finance & Operations Manager ad interim (maternity leave coverage) you will manage and drive financial performance of Climate-KIC’s branches in Austria and Switzerland and its partners in line with annual business plans and longer-term goals set by EIT Climate-KIC’s executive team.
This role requires an experienced finance professional who welcomes change, takes responsibility and wants to make a difference in his/her job and for the climate. Your role will be broad in scope, with a wide range of activities and tasks that will require a proactive, hands-on approach. You will be inspired by being part of creating opportunities for innovators to address climate change.
Legal Entity Finance & Administration
- Manage all aspects of internal accounting and financial controls (incl. procurement and expense management)
- Manage all aspects of financial administration for Climate-KIC’s Austrian and Zurich branches, incl. financial statements, taxes, and VAT (in collaboration with external accountants)
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance for all aspects related to Climate-KIC’s Austrian and Zurich branches business
- Manage contracts (with external specialist assistance as required)
- Manage interface with service providers (insurers, banks, IT providers, etc.)
- Closely align with Central Finance in London and ensure smooth collaboration
Project Accounting, Partner Financial Management, Reporting
- Handle pre-finance budget and payments for partners
- Own and manage processes related to our grant management system, incl. Austrian and Swiss project overview
- Advise partners on EIT funding rules (H2020), CKIC-internal processes and systems, and audits
- Support budgeting, forecasting, and multi-year financial planning
- Compile, review and upload cost reporting of partners in line with CKIC internal processes including follow-up
Human Resource Management
- Handle payroll for staff employed by Climate-KIC Holding B.V., Amsterdam, Zürich branch and Climate-KIC Holding B.V. Austrian branch in collaboration with external payroll provider
- Administer HR-related entries, exits and mutations in the company’s HR system (Cezanne), with the pension fund and other concerned parties/systems
- Interface with social insurers and other service providers
- Support on-boarding of new employees
Managerial Support & Operational Excellence
- Identify, recommend and drive cost saving opportunities
- Identify process improvement opportunities and implement relevant changes
- Identify and evaluate financial risks and opportunities; implement risk-mitigation actions
- Train local team in ensuring compliance with CKIC policies, processes, and systems
- Carry out additional reasonable tasks as requested by Central Finance, job-sharing partner or other members of the wider team.
Key Working Relationships
- Finance & Operations Manager Austria and Switzerland – Job sharing
- Colleagues employed in the Austrian and Zurich branch.
- Central and local Climate-KIC finance and operations staff
- Business, Community and Deals Desk
- Boost Team
- Other Climate-KIC staff, e.g. Innovation team Partners
Profile & Experience
- University/University of applied sciences degree in business administration with a strong background in accounting (Swiss accounting system incl. knowledge of VAT concept).
- At least five years of post-qualification experience
- Training in basic Swiss commercial law (contract law, tax law, etc) as part of university degree
- Experience in preparing management accounts, financial planning, and budgeting
- Significant demonstrable experience of providing finance support to business partners
- Fluency in German, good spoken and written English language skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Grasping new task, topics and content quickly
- Ability to develop awareness of commercial issues and expertise in matters specific to CKIC
- Strong Excel skills
- Demonstrable ability to use own initiative to drive improvements to systems and processes, and to take responsibility for issues and proposals until fully-resolved
Personal style and Approach
- Ability to challenge and influence assertively and cooperatively
- Confident in operating in a changing and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Self-motivated and self-organised, with good time-management skills, an ability to plan, manage and prioritise a varied workload
You can expect a committed team, modern working conditions, a motivating working environment, demanding challenges and a fulfilling job. If possible, start of employment on 17 August 2020 or or according to agreement.
If you are interested in this key position, then we look forward to receiving your complete application documents electronically at Kampajobs by 7.8.2020.
Do you have any questions? Then please contact Laura Orvati by e-mail or on the telephone number +41 79 936 29 49.