80%, 9 months, Zürich
The Philanthropy Unit is one of the teams within the Communications & Fundraising Department of Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Switzerland. Formed by 16 people, the Philanthropy Unit oversees relations with corporate donors, foundations, individual major donors, cantons/municipalities and legacies.
MSF is looking for a Writing Officer for its Philanthropy Unit (maternity replacement). S/he will support MSF fundraising efforts with regards to the writing of proposals and reports to our donors. The Writing Officer is working closely with the other Writing Officer based in Geneva and reports to the team coordinator.
- Writing of funding applications / proposals (including cover letters and thank-you letters) in German and English (GER/ENG) based on internal operational documents (such as project document, mission strategy paper, log frame, budgets, etc.).
- Writing of interim and final reports (including cover letters) in GER/ENG based on internal operational documents (such as activity report, situational reports, quarterly/mid-year report).
- Together with the team coordinator and the writing officer in Geneva, ongoing coordination and planning of the writing needs according to deadlines.
- Translation (into GER/ENG).
- Writing of Insider letters in GER/ENG twice a year and project updates on ad hoc basis.
- Proof-reading and editing of writing material created by other team members in GER/ENG (incl. Thank you letters drafted by the interns) on ad hoc basis.
- Proof-reading and editing of writing materials in GER from other teams of the department on ad hoc basis.
- Controlling the quality of created documents prior to sending.
- University degree, Business Administration, marketing, translation, journalism, communication or similar education
- Working experiene in fundraising, marketing, communication or journalism.
- Proven track record in writing official documents, such as proposals or reports in an NGO context
- Understanding of humanitarian contexts is a strong advantage.
- Proven sense of analysis, strong conceptual and research skills
- Excellent writing and synthesis skills & good communicator
- Solid computer skills including MS Office & database management are a must
- German native speaker
- High written proficiency in English
- French/Italian knowledge is an asset
- Accurate & structured working style
- Rigour and service mentality
- Flexibility, ability to multitask
- Team player
Terms of Employment
- Fixed-term contract 9 months, 80%
- Working place: Zürich
- Ideal starting date: 07.01.2021
- Gross monthly salary (80%): CHF 5’169.- to CHF 6’217.- (salary commensurate with experience and internal salary grid)
How to apply
Only applications submitted on the recruitment platform will be considered. Applications must contain : CV 2 p. max. – letter of motivation 1p. max. – in English.
The deadline for applications is 30th October 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The applications will be treated confidentially.